The Business of Natural Dyes Online Course - 3 Sessions
Join Cara for a three part series around how to start your own creative business.
Each Class is 3 hours long. You will have a pdf and resource packet that comes with an invoice template. If you can't make those dates, no worries, the class recording will be available after the class.
Part One : Sunday, February 20th 2pm EST . 3 hours.
Part Two : Sunday, March 6th. 2pm EST . 3 hours.
Consultation : Scheduled once purchased.
Part One: Setting up your vision and finances.
- Identifying your place in the market. How to differentiate yourself and identify your client base.
- How to use marketing & social platforms to grow your audience and connect to your customers.
- Creating your narrative around your business.
- How to Invoice your clients.
- How to set your prices.
Part Two: How to make your work professional.
- How to set up a Natural dye studio ( or creative space ) in the space that you have.
- What it means to holistically scale your business : Circular Economy vs. Vertically Integrating.
- How to holistically source natural dyes and respect the cultures you are working with.
- How to properly prepare your goods for selling.
- Case studies of artists , and brands that uniquely present in the market place.
- How to work with stores.
- Wholesale vs. DTC
Consultation : One hour with Cara to discuss your process, go over a project, work on a specific area you need assistance with.
Each class is sold separately as is the consultation. There is a discount if all three are purchased together.
We are also offering scholarships. If the cost is prohibitive please reach out to us and let us know with a cover letter why this workshop would be beneficial to you. This scholarship seeks to widen the representation of students from diverse backgrounds to experience learning from master artists, so we invite BIPOC and LGBTQIA artists to apply. We will award the scholarships in early February.